Friday, July 10, 2009

Forgiveness

Preaching Conference
The preaching conference (Poets, Prophets, Preachers) I attended early this week was outstanding. The only downside, I suspect, is that expectations are automatically raised when you go to one of these events. :) Perhaps by the grace of the Holy Spirit I'll be able to deliver.

Church at Cherry's
Join us for "Church at Cherry's," a series of theology discussions at Cherry's pub in town, hosted by Pastor Jim Miller and me. We begin this Tuesday with a discussion of the End Times. We'll continue on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of July and August (all at 7 pm).

Forgiveness
This week I'd like us to begin to think about and practice forgiveness.

Sometimes the best thing I can do as a pastor is direct you to someone who teaches/preaches better than I do on a given subject. So... rather than give you a long series of written reflections on the topic, I suggest you listen to Pastor Rob Bell's June series on the subject of forgiveness. I think he does an outstanding job. Simply go to the the Mars Hill Teaching Page and click on each of the titles (also listed below) to listen to the audio. You can also subscribe to the podcast via iTunes if you are into that kind of thing.

06.28.09: It Stops Here! - Rob Bell
06.21.09: Tortured By Books - Rob Bell
06.14.09: Drop the Jawbone - Rob Bell

May the Forgiving God who loves you and restores you in Jesus Christ begin to work that forgiving love in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment